Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tri Shutter Card Tutorial

Welcome to another Tutorial/Technique Tuesday 
here at Shelly's Images.

I know you've seen this fancy fold card tutorial around the internet but it's worth showcasing once again.
It's the TRI-SHUTTER FOLD CARD.

I have made several of this type of card for this fall's craftshow ... it always carries that WOW! factor.

LET'S GET STARTED!
You can created TWO Tri-Shutter cards from
ONE 12x12 sheet of cardstock
(at least 80# weight or more is best for this style).  

For your base you will need to cut your 12 x 12 paper
at 5-1/2" x 12".
Then with your 12" length across your Scor Pal,  
score down at 2", 4", 8", 10".

Next you will need to TURN your paper,
and 1-1/2" in from each side you will CUT 
between the 2" & 10" Score Lines.

(HINT:  I score my line first ... then use my craft knife and cut down through the score line.)

Now accordion fold your score lines ...
REVERSE the fold on the middle panel ...
It will look like this, looking DOWN on it ...


Now it's time to choose & cut your design panels.
 (HINT:  I have made myself a template and marked the dimensions for the inside panels on each section ... that way I don't have to read over again & again from my notes or remeasure each time.)

 Today I'm making a children's birthday card using  Winnie-The-Pooh so I'm going to use cardstock panels that match the rub-on stickers I have to decorate the card with.


AND HERE'S MY FINISHED CARD!
Isn't it cute?
BELOW is the card closed ...
You will notice that when you close it, the two 'inner' longer panels do show  ... which means that I should have positioned Eeyore more to the right on the top panel ... and maybe cut my sentiment panel so just the word 'friends' showed on the bottom panel.

SEE THERE ... we are learning together!!!  LOL!!

(NOTE TO SELF:  look at the card in 'closed' position before adhering characters!) 


Well that's my tutorial for you today!
I hope you'll give this fancy fold a try, then come back and share it with us!

PLEASE BE SURE TO COME BACK THURSDAY FOR ANOTHER FUN CHALLENGE!

Have a FABULOUS, FUN day!

3 comments:

  1. Tx for this nice reminder. Your card sure is fun!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant thank you for sharing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow brilliant i am makink this for my moms birthday

    ReplyDelete