Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Technique Tuesday


How to make your own flower.

Hi, Welcome back to the blog. Today I want to show you how to make your own flowers for a card or any other project.

I have to be honest and tell you that it is a long time ago that I ran into an website where this technique was shown and were I found the template.

So let's get started with this tutorial.

Things you need:

* the template and cut the petal 12 times
* scissors
* stampin ink or pencils or markers
* little spoon
* soft embossing mat
* color pencil or copic marker
* glue
* pen
* if you want you can use glimmermist

~~~~~



Cut out this template 12 times

~
Ink or color 6 petals in a color of choice and the other 6 in an other color.


~
Cut or punch two small circles and ink them as well.


~
Take the embossing mat and the spoon and the petals


~
Put the spoon over the petal like shown on the photo


~

Then push softly with both hands so the petal will fold a little into shape.


~
put a drop of glue on the paper background and take two petals and dip the ends in the gluedrop


~
Then glue them apposite to each other on the little circle


~
Do the same with the 4 other petals of the same color. And repeat that with the 6 petals of the other color.
Let the flowers dry well.


~
Add small lines on the petals with a pencil or a copic marker.


~
Take the pen and put the flower on the embossing mat and push lighly in the middle of both flowers


~
Glue both flowers onto each other with some 3d glue dots and add a pearl or something else in the middle of the flower on top.
And if you desire... spray with glimmer mist.


Here is the result of the tutorial.

I hope you like it and leave me a lovely comment on my work

Thanks
Marion

4 comments:

  1. I love this tutorial Marion. Thanks for all the hard work to show this to us. I know how long it takes to make a tutorial and this one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this awesome tutorial! I've never seen the flowers done this way before. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BRILLIANT Marion! Thanks so much for sharing, I need to try this:) Also, LOVE your pretty finger nail polish!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies, thanks for the lovely comments on this tutorial.
    Glad that you all like it.

    And Audrey, I love my nails as well. My girlfriend painted the flowers on my nails. Just for fun. I so love them. I now have swirls on them since monday... giggle'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete